What Are Wage & Hour Lawsuits?

As an employee in any industry, you should be paid properly when you work. Any hours you work must be properly compensated by your employer, including any paid time off, overtime wages, and more. Unfortunately, many businesses focus solely on their profits, meaning they may try to avoid paying you income you deserve.

If you feel you have not received your full pay, you can file a wage and hour dispute against your employer. Going through legal action can help you recover the income you should have been paid to begin with and force your employer to hold up their end of your employment.

What Do Wage & Hour Disputes Cover?

You may encounter numerous situations that make it necessary for you to file a wage and hour dispute. Here are just a few of the situations you may experience:

  • Unpaid overtime: Overtime laws allow you to work over the typical 40 hours a week if you are in an hourly or salary non-exempt position. If your employer pays you either regular income during overtime hours or fails to pay you at all, you can take legal action.
  • Forced work during lunch: As an hourly or salary non-exempt employee, you have the right to an uninterrupted lunch break in which you clock out from your work and clock back in when you return. If your employer tries to force you to work during this time without paying you, there are legal remedies to file a wage and hour dispute.
  • Employee misclassification: If your employer misclassifies your employment position to avoid paying you for additional hours you may work, you can take legal action to remedy any situation you encounter.

At Levin & Nalbandyan, LLP, we prioritize your rights as an employee to position your case as favorably as possible. We’ll investigate your work situation, determine your classification, and work to get you the wages you deserve.

Our Los Angeles employment lawyers are here to guide you through the process and safeguard your rights every step of the way.




If your claim has been denied or your attorney has decided to give up, reach out to our firm for a second opinion.